Specialist Services successfully completed the Refurbishment works of a 27ft modular building for ExLog
In October 2019, ExLog awarded Specialist Services the Refurbishment works for one of their 27ft modular buildings manufactured in 1998.
End User: ExLog
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Project Completion: January 2020
In August 2019, ExLog sent a requirement to Specialist Services for refurbishment works of a 27ft Zone II certified modular building and then awarded the project in October 2019, with a project timeline of 10 weeks. The unit was manufactured in 1998 by Labtech Services Limited in the UK, a Specialist Services Group Company since 2011.
The full scope of work was determined following a visual survey of the unit by a Specialist Services Engineer, which included the following:
- Full external blasting and painting
- Supply and installation of new logos
- Supply and replacement of A60 door lock, door hinges and seal
- Supply and installation of door closer
- Repairs of B15 door and replacement of gasket
- Repairs of Sink and cleaning of rested area
- Supply and installation of window glass and repairs of frame
- Replacement of emergency door lock and handle
- Cleaning of emergency door rested area
- Supply and replacement of drawer locks
- Painting of metallic rusted drawers
- MPI to be carried out by a third party along with inspection
- Sling recertification
- Replacement of MCT blocks
- Complete testing of electrical and pressurisation system
- Complete servicing of A/C system
Following the cabin delivery at the Specialist Services yard, after systems’ power on, a number of other required repairs have been identified. These included the failure of various A/C system components, fire & gas detection devices, and other areas. In addition, during the blasting and painting process, we identified further structural issues, which resulted in the required replacement of the A60 main door and emergency escape hatch.
Within the tight timeline, we worked closely with the Client for the additional works requirements, sourcing all additional material, and delivering the refurbished unit within the agreed deadline. The project has been completed in line with all the requirements and specifications.
The Client was very satisfied with the quality of our Refurbishment works, and with our project management skills used in the completion of all additional replacements and repairs without any delays. As a result, ExLog extended the order to carry out a variety of refurbishment works on four modular buildings. The refurbished unit is now being used by ExLog in Abu Dhabi, UAE.